Written protocols should be in place and reviewed annually with your veterinarian and employees to ensure that certain procedures are carried out appropriately.
How to assess:
Review the vaccination schedule protocol to confirm that the following information is included and that appropriate criteria are being met:
- Vaccination is not required, but recommended
- If not given, must have a protocol specifying vaccines are not used
- If vaccines are given, must have a recorded schedule and follow BQA guidelines
- Schedule must include: age, vaccine type, route, and withdrawal time
- Should include colostrum
- Signed by VOR
A template is provided as a guideline; farms may write their own as long as minimum content is met.
National Dairy FARM Program
- Specify age, class, product and route of administration